Armstrong's First Pioneer Store
This is an illustration of the first Armstrong Pioneer Store, which also served as the Post Office until Henry Moffat became Post Master and moved it to a separate place.
Armstrong's Pioneer Store Expansion
Built by the Armstrongs in 1870, the general store was known as the Pioneer Store and was run by the Armstrong family until 1896 when it was sold to the Beatty Estate.
After successively being sold to David Patterson and John A. Canning, the store was finally bought by John Angst in 1902. The name was changed to 'Angst's Store.' This photo shows the verandas which were added in 1911. In the February of 1929 the store burned down.