Placed inside the wall at 8 Harriet Street when the Manse was insulated with wood shavings. This is the original jar and note.
Used by Walter Scott who owned a dairy farm with his wife Mary in the 1920's. The farm was located on the outskirts of McKellar Village.
Removed from a field in 1971. Spokes fitted into the slots on the side and then fitted into the wooden wheel with a steel frame to which the rubber wheel was attached.
This Victrola was purchased in the early 1920s by Gordon and Violet Stewart as entertainment for their son Allen who had suffered from Infantile Paralysis at an early age. Wilf Carter's singing and yodeling inspired Allen who, by the age 12 could sing and yodel. A guitar was purchased for him and he played the guitar and sang songs along with the records. The Victrola and records have been enjoyed by the Stewart families down through generations.